Hello WCS Students & Families!
Kirby and I hope that you enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving Break and are reenergized and ready to dive into this short but incredibly sweet few weeks between the holidays. Here’s a few of the things we’ll be focusing on in this segment of the school year:
- Preparing for our final Zoom “Home Concert” of 2020 (Sunday, December 13)!
- Preparing for All-State auditions (video submissions due by 11:59 p.m. on January 13, 2021).
- Selecting and beginning to prepare repertoire for Spring ’21 Missouri Federation of Music Clubs events (Festival, Camp Scholarship Competition, and District Competition).
All of this will lead up to our Winter Break, from December 23, 2020 – January 5, 2021.
As we enter into this time of year with so much to look forward to, we also realize that this year this is a time of year to be particularly careful. We want everyone to enter into the holiday season and the new year safe and healthy! I found this infographic helpful for this season between holiday gatherings:
So, please play everything “on the safe side.” With that in mind:
- If you learn you have had an exposure, please self-quarantine for 14 days and take your private lessons on Zoom during that period, even if you have tested negative.
- If you attended a Thanksgiving gathering with members outside your immediate family, please consider taking lessons on Zoom for a 14-day period after that gathering.
- If you attended a Thanksgiving gathering with 10 or more members, we ask that you do take lessons on Zoom for a 14-day period after that gathering.
Thank you for your understanding as we strive to provide the best experience we can while keeping all of the members of our community healthy and safe. We look forward to seeing you all for lessons again starting today!